No front page content has been created yet.
Texas Harmony is an award-winning, all-female a capella chorus and is a Chapter of Sweet Adelines International. We are a chorus, comprised of women of all walks of life and experiences, who love to sing and make beautiful music. We strive to be a musical asset to our community by promoting education, harmony, friendship, self-esteem, and the sense of belonging among women of all ages, races, ethnic backgrounds and levels of performance readiness. We focus on the development of women in areas of friendship, leadership, and personal growth. Rewarding opportunities are available for all women in our organization! We're glad you're here!
Rehearsal Address: 801 W. Irving Blvd, Irving, TX 75060
We rehearsal every Monday from 6:00-8:45 p.m.
There are benefits of being a Texas Harmony Member!...
Texas Harmony is a unique non-profit in that we have a musical product we can give back to the community. The result is empowering and meeting the emotional needs of women of all ages. There is power in music – it is a reciprocal energy that is felt between performer to audience member and vice versa. Recent studies show the tremendous benefits for physical and mental well-being related to choral singing. Among those benefits are a strengthened feeling of togetherness, reduced stress and depression, improved overall health and social well-being. When we can help a few women in our community realize their potential and have fun singing while we do it, then we consider that a success. Our chorus is filled with women, most of who would say that this group has changed their lives!
52 Weeks of Harmony - Live Facebook Event!
The COVID Pandemic has not held Texas Harmony back in any way! We are going strong and planning a for an exciting future! We are proud to announce our new rehearsal space located at the Irving Archives and Museum Building in Irving, TX. Recently, we created implemented a fundraising campaign, "52 Weeks of Harmony", to raise funds to help offset the cost of rent for the first year in our new rehearsal hall. Texas Harmony thanks and recognizes the following individuals for donating and sponsoring the chorus through this campaign:
1. Michelle Clifton - Sponsoring our Dec. 14th rehearsal
2. Karen Elmore - Sponsoring our Dec. 6th rehearsal
3. Sheri Hemby - Sponsoring our Sept. 20th rehearsal in honor of her and Chris' wedding anniversary
4. Karen Marconi - Sponsoring our Sept. 6th rehearsal
5. Mary Kaye McDonald - Sponsoring our Oct. 4th rehearsal
6. Kelly Laporte - Sponsoring our Oct. 11th rehearsal
7. Sheria Oswalt - In honor of her sister, Sheila Foster
8. Lynn Poston - Sponsoring our Sept.13th rehearsal
9. Debbie Stromquist - Sponsoring our Feb. 14th rehearsal
10. Donna Saunders - Sponsoring all of our Dec. rehearsals
11. Alta Morris - Sponsoring our Sept. 27th rehearsal
12. Kathy Parker - Sponsoring all of our April rehearsals
13. Melodie Palacios - Sponsoring our Jan. 9th rehearsal "In memory of Clara Palacios, 1/14/2015. Though she never got the chance to sing out loud, we still hear her sing in our hearts."
Texas Harmony Christmas Show at Irving Archives & Museum Building on Saturday, December 11, 2021 Time: 5:00 p.m.
We are looking for singers to join us on our Christmas Show! If you, or someone you know, are interested in performing with us, click here!